Listen to the MP3 stream
Christ the Creator God
Knock, knock, knock . . .
I. CHRIST IS THE FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION (v. 15b).
A. The word "firstborn" (v. 15).
1) Paul does not say ___________________ but "first born."
Nicene Creed: We believe . . . in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of his Father before all worlds, God of God, light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father.
2) ?firstborn" often has the idea of ____________________.
B. The firstborn of all creation created all things (v. 16).
II. CHRIST CREATED ALL THINGS (v. 16).
- In heavens and on earth -
- Visible and invisible -
- Thrones, Dominions; rulers or authorities -
- All things are created BY, THROUGH, FOR Him
III. CHRIST IS BEFORE ALL THINGS (v. 17a).
A. Implies ____________________.
B. The Son had no____________________.
IV. CHRIST HOLDS ALL THINGS TOGETHER (v. 17b).
A. "Hold together" -
B. All adhering forces in the world are sustained by Christ.
1) The law of gravity.
2) The electrical force within the atom.
3) "The Privileged Planet"
C. Our lives are held together by Christ.