Listen to the MP3 stream
Northwest Bible Church - March 9, 2008 - Worship Service - Alan Conner
The Heavenly Perspective
I. THE BELIEVER?S REALITY (3:1).
The meaning of "raised up with Christ":
1) Our spiritual position.
2) Newness of life now.
II. THE BELIEVER?S RESPONSIBILITY (3:1-4).
A. Keep seeking the things above where Christ is (v. 1).
"The things above where Christ is seated at the right hand of God" -
B. Set your mind on the things above not the things below (v. 2).
"Set your mind" = (present tense)
How do we do this in the midst of all the busyness of our life?
1) Think much upon the _____________ of Christ.
2) Think much upon the ________________ of Christ.
3) Think much upon _________________ Christ.
4) Think much upon the ________________ of Christ.
C. Reasons for this heavenly perspective (vv. 3-4).
1) Reason #1 (v. 3) - you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
2) Reason #2 (v. 4) - when Christ who is our life is revealed, then we too shall be revealed in glory.
"who is our life" -
"when Christ is revealed, we will be revealed"
Conclusion: FLY HIGHER