Listen to the MP3 stream
Northwest Bible Church - March 30, 2008 - Worship Service - Alan Conner
The New Man
A. WHY IS THE WORD "MAN" SO IMPORTANT?
B. THE MEANING OF OLD MAN, NEW MAN.
1) The Old Man refers to all that we were in ___________.
2) The New Man refers to all that we are in ___________.
C. TRUTHS ABOUT THE NEW MAN (vv. 9-11).
1) The explanation of the new man (vv. 9-10).
2) The accomplished transformation of the new man (v. 10a).
Laid aside the old man -
Have put on the new man -
3) The progressive transformation of the new man (v. 10b),
a) Eph. 4:22-24
b) v. 10 "who is being renewed" present tense.
We must continue to put off and put on.
4) The image of the new man (v. 10c).
- true knowledge = epignosis.
- key: "be renewed in the spirit of your mind" Eph. 4:22.
5) The unity of the new man (v. 11).
Greek and Jew - racial barriers
circumcised and uncircum - religious barriers
barbarian, Scythian (barbarian of worse kind) - cultural barriers,
slave or freeman - social barriers
Male or female Paul adds in Gal. 3:28
6) The creed of the new man. "But Christ is all and in all" (v. 11c)
a) Christ is all.
b) Christ is in all.