Northwest Bible Church - May 28, 2017 - Christ in the OT series - Alan Conner
Noah’s Ark and Christ
Gen. 6-9 - Powerpoint
I. NOAH’S ARK AND THE FLOOD.
II. NOAH AND THE ARK AS TYPES OF CHRIST.
A type is a real person, place, object, or event that God ordained to act as a predictive pattern or resemblance of Jesus’ person and work.
A. The man Noah.
1. The name Noah related to word that means “rest”. Gen. 5:29
2. Noah was a righteous, blameless man. Noah was a sinner, Gen. 6:8-9
3. Noah was a preacher of righteousness. 2 Pet. 2:5
B. The ark is a picture of Christ.
1. The ark saved the elect. Gen. 7:23; Heb. 11:7; 3:6
2. The ark was built according to God’s plan. Gen. 6:15; Acts 2:23
3. The ark had only one door. Gen. 6:16; John 10:9
4. The ark’s door was sealed by the LORD. Gen. 7:16; Jn. 6:39; 10:28
5. The ark was battered and abused by the flood. Gen. 7:11; Lk. 12:50
6. The ark’s pitch and the atonement. Gen. 6:14; Rom. 3:25; Heb. 9:5
7. The rainbow and the covenant. Gen. 9:9, 12-13.
III. CARELESS LIVING BEFORE THE JUDGMENT.
Discussion: What can we learn from the days of Noah? What are the primary truths about Jesus Christ that we see in the typology of Noah’s ark? How should we treasure Christ because He is our NT ark?