Northwest Bible Church – Dec. 11, 2016 – Worship Service – Alan Conner
Blood Atonement: OT to Christ
How did the idea of a personal Redeemer concept develop in the OT? How did the idea of blood atonement go from an animal sacrifice to a person?
A. IN THE GARDEN BY IMPLICATION.
1. Fig leaves (Gen. 3:7).
2. Animal skins provided by God (Gen. 3:21).
3. Cain and Abel (Gen. 4:3-4).
4. Noah and the altar (Gen. 8:20).
B. IN ISAAC BY ILLUSTRATION.
1. Isaac and the ram (Gen. 22:2).
2. Pagan practices of human sacrifices.
3. The only sacrifices allowed for Israel were animal sacrifices.
C. IN ISAIAH BY INSPIRATION.
1. Isa. 53:2-12.
2. The Servant is the Messiah.
D. IN JESUS BY HIS INCARNATION.
1. Heb. 2:14-17.
2. The cross is our altar, Heb. 13:10.