Northwest Bible Church - Feb. 3, 2019 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
Chosen to Serve and Suffer
A. CHOSEN TO SERVE (Acts 9:15).
1. The scope of Saul’s ministry:
2. The qualification for Saul’s ministry.
a. Born in Tarsus of Cilicia (Acts 22:3).
b. He is a Jew, of the tribe of Benjamin (Phil. 3:5).
c. He was born a Roman citizen
d. He is filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 9:17).
B. CHOSEN TO SUFFER (Acts 9:16).
1. Realms of suffering.
b. Religious standing.
c. Physical affliction. 2 Cor. 11:23-27.
2. Reasons for suffering.
1. Suffering for past sins?
2. Suffering for sanctification.
3. To be conformed to Christ’s image (Rom. 8:29).
4. Prepare us for glory. Mt. 5:11-12; Rom. 8:18.
C. SAUL’S HEALING AND EARLY MINISTRY (Acts 9:17-20).
1. Ananias’ unconditional love (Acts 9:17).
2. Saul’s healing, filling with the Holy Spirit and ministry (Acts 9:18-20).