Northwest Bible Church – Feb. 5, 2017 – Worship Service – Alan Conner
CHRIST IN THE CAMP
A. THE GOLDEN CALF (Ex. 32-33).
1. Aaron makes a golden calf for the people to worship (32:1-6).
2. God’s anger burns against them (32:7-10).
3. Moses intercedes and God relents (32:11-14).
4. Israel loses God’s presence (33:1-3).
B. THE TABERNACLE OUTSIDE THE CAMP (Ex. 33:7-16).
1. Moses pitched the tent outside the camp (33:7).
2. The Lord would speak privately to Moses face to face (33:8-11).
3. Moses pleads for God’s favor and presence (33:12-16).
4. God agrees to go with them (33:14).
C. THE TABERNACLE INSIDE THE CAMP (Numb. 1-2).
1. The Lord takes up His residence in the middle of the camp.
2. Then the 12 tribes camped on the four sides of the tabernacle (Numb. 2:1-34).
1. The tabernacle is a type of Jesus Christ.
2. Many want to keep Christ on the outside of their camp/life.
3. When Christ is on the outside of our life, we lose our identity. Ex. 33:16
4. When Christ is in the center of our camp/life we experience more of His presence and blessings.
5. How to get Christ from the OUTSIDE to the center of the camp?