Northwest Bible Church – Oct. 3, 2010 – Worship Service – Alan Conner
Faith and Civil Disobedience
A. THE CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE OF MOSES’ PARENTS (Heb. 11:23).
1) Pharoah’s evil commands.
2) By faith, they hid Moses for three months because he was a beautiful child. AMRAM and JOCHEBED (Ex. 6:20).
3) By faith, they did not fear the king’s edict.
B. PRINCIPLES OF CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE.
1) The principle of general obedience to governing authorities. Mt. 22:21; Rom. 13; 1 Pet. 2; Titus 3.
2) Is it ever biblical to engage in civil disobedience?
When the government ___________________ you to do something that God forbids, or ________________ you to do something God commands.
a) The Hebrew midwives and Moses’ parents. Exod. 1:16, 22.
b) Peter - Acts 4; Acts 5 –
c) Paul - Acts 14:5-6; Acts 17:8-10.
d) Daniel – In Dan. 6.
e) Shadrach, Meshach, Abed-nego in Dan. 3:1-30.
f) Rahab – Heb. 11:31.
g) Magi –Mt. 2:12.
3) The church is not to use force or guns to protect itself if attacked.
4) How are Christians to respond to evil in government. a)
5) If you disobey the civil authorities, be prepared to ________________________.