I. JOY COMES FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF GOD
A. Sin’s guilt –
B. Sin’s impurity.
II. JOY COMES FROM REFORMATION
A. Removal of idols and false prophets.
So why are idols and false prophets so popular?
1) Their influence is due to unclean spirits (v. 2).
2) Their influence is due to our depraved nature.
3) “They will no longer be remembered”-
B. The response to false prophets (v. 3).
C. The response of the false prophets themselves (vv. 4-6).
1) No more deception (v. 4).
2) A lot more denials (vv. 5-6).
“I am not a prophet” –
“I am a tiller of the ground” –
“I’ve been a slave from my youth” –
“These wounds come from my friends” -