Northwest Bible Church – Dec. 4, 2016 – Worship Service – Alan Conner
Mediator – Moses to Christ
A. WHAT IS A MEDIATOR?
1. The function of a mediator.
B. THE NEED FOR A MEDIATOR.
1. Sin makes a separation between us and God (Is. 59:2).
2. Sin brings enmity (Rom. 8:7).
3. Sin brings wrath (Rom. 2:5).
C. THE MEDIATOR IN THE O.T.
1. The prophet, priest, and king as mediator.
2. Moses was the mediator par excellence.
a) Moses mediated on behalf of God as a prophet (Numb. 12:6-8).
b) Moses mediated on behalf of the people as a priest (Ex. 24:8).
c) Moses mediated the covenant as a king (Ex. 18:13).
3. The promised Mediator like Moses (Deut. 18:15-19).
D. CHRIST OUR MEDIATOR
1. His qualifications.
2. His role as the Mediator.
a. Christ is our Mediator – Prophet (Heb. 1:1-2; Jn. 1:14).
b. Christ is our Mediator – Priest (Eph. 1:4 (election); Heb. 8:6, 13; 13:20 (better covenant); Eph. 1:7 (redemption); Heb. 2:17 (propitiation); Col. 1:20; Rom. 5:1(peace).
c. Christ is our Mediator – King (Rev. 1:5).