Northwest Bible Church - Jan. 28, 2018 - Christ in the OT series - Alan Conner
The King on a Donkey
A. THE RESPONSE TO THE MESSIAH (Zechariah 9:9a).
“Rejoice greatly, . . . shout in triumph.”
B. THE COMING OF THE MESSIAH (Zechariah 9:9b-10).
1. He is King of Zion (Zechariah 9:9a).
2. Just and endowed with salvation (Zechariah 9:9b).
3. He is humble and mounted on a colt of a donkey (Zechariah 9:9c).
a) A symbol for humility.
b) A symbol for peace.
c) Peace to Israel and to the nations (Zechariah 9:10).
d) A worldwide dominion (Zechariah 9:10).
4. Fulfilled at the Triumphal Entry of Christ into Jerusalem - Mt. 21:1-11; Jn. 12:12-16.
C. THE PEACE OF THE MESSIAH.
1. Peace with God.
2. Peace of God.
3. Peace with men in the church.
4. Peace with men outside the church.