Northwest Bible Church - Jan. 7, 2018 - Christ in the OT series - Alan Conner
The Messiah in Zechariah
Part 1 - Zechariah 3:8-10; 6:9-15
A. THE MESSIAH DESCRIBED (Zechariah 3:8-10).
1. The symbolism of the Messiah (Zechariah 3:8-9).
a. Joshua and his friends are to be a symbol
b. My Servant -
c. The Branch -
d. The Stone -
2. Work of the Messiah (Zechariah 3:9b).
3. Blessing of the Messiah (Zechariah 3:10).
B. THE MESSIAH AS PRIEST AND KING (6:9-15).
a. The man whose name is Branch (Zechariah 6:12).
b. He will branch out from his place (Zechariah 6:12).
c. He will build the temple of the LORD (Zechariah 6:12).
d. He will be a “priest on His throne” (Zechariah 6:13)
3. The symbolic reminder (Zechariah 6:14).
4. The “far off” help to build the temple (Zechariah 6:15).