Northwest Bible Church – Sept. 18, 2016 – Worship Service – Alan Conner
A. THE COVENANT OF WORKS (Gen. 2:15-17).
1. The terms of the covenant (2:15-17).
2. The failure of Adam (Gen 3:1-6).
B. THE FIRST PROMISE OF GRACE (Gen. 3:15).
1) Enmity between the two individuals (v. 15a) -
2) Enmity between two groups (v. 15b) –
a) The seed of Satan (v. 15b).
b) The seed of the woman (v. 15b).
3) The enmity between a future individual and Satan (v. 15c,d).
4) The person of the seed of the woman.
a) He will be a male, a son.
b) He will be an image-bearer of God.
c) He will be the “seed of woman”.
5) The work of the seed of the woman (v. 15c).
a) “Crush” or “bruise”?
b) Will the “seed” also reverse the curse of sin?
6) Evaluation of the “seed of the woman.”
a) The Seed of woman must be greater than sinless Adam.
b) The Seed of the woman must be greater than Satan to crush his head.
7) Signs of faith: