Northwest Bible Church – April 10, 2016 – Worship Service – Alan Conner
The Purpose of John’s Gospel
A. THE BLESSING OF BLIND FAITH (John 20:29).
1) Faith without sight is blessed.
2) What blessings do such faith receive?
B/ THE PURPOSE OF JOHN’S GOSPEL (John 20:30-31).
1) The nature of John’s reporting of events in the life of Christ (vv. 30-31a).
a) A partial report (v. 30).
b) A selective report (v. 31a).
2) Purpose #1: “that you may believe.”
a) The Object of faith.
(1) Jesus is the Christ.
(2) Jesus is the Son of God.
b) The nature of faith.
(1) Not by sight.
(2) Not intellectual assent only.
(3) A faith that follows.
4) Purpose #2: “that believing you may have life in His name.”
b) “in His name”