Northwest Bible Church - Oct. 22, 2017 - Christ in the OT series - Alan Conner
All will know Me
A. I WILL BE THEIR GOD (Jeremiah 31:33).
1. The covenantel development of this promise.
2. Fulfilled in the new covenant.
3. Now and not yet.
B. ALL WILL KNOW ME (Jeremiah 31:34).
1. No need to teach. Is. 54:13
2. All will know God.
3. The significance for baptism.
4. “Know the Lord.”
C. I WILL FORGIVE THEIR SINS (Jeremiah 31:34).
1. The inferiority of animal sacrifices for forgiveness.
2. The superior blood of Christ.
For further discussion: What are some of the differences between the old covenant and the new covenant? What are some of the practical blessings of knowing that God has promised to be “our God”? What does it mean to “know the Lord”? How is the new covenant superior to the old covenant? (2 Cor. 3:1-11; Heb. 8:6-8, 13; Jer. 32:40).