Northwest Bible Church - Oct. 1, 2017 - Christ in the OT - Alan Conner
Christ our Righteousness
A. THE PROPHET JEREMIAH.
1. His calling (Jeremiah 1:4-10)
2. His ministry.
3. The weeping prophet.
B. THE CHARACTER AND MINISTRY OF THE MESSIAH (Jer. 23:5-6b).
1. A righteous Branch for David.
2. He will be a king.
3. In His days Judah will be saved.
C. THE NAME OF THE MESSIAH (Jer. 23:6c).
1. The Messiah is “the LORD.”
2. The Messiah is “our righteousness.”
3. The heart of the gospel of Jesus Christ. See the book of Romans.
a) God’s wrath is revealed against all unrighteousness (Rom. 1:18).
b) We are unrighteous (Rom. 3:10-12).
c) No one can become righteous by the law (Rom. 3:20, 28).