Northwest Bible Church - April 21, 2019 - Resurrection Sunday - Alan Conner
"I have seen the Lord!"
A. Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus.
1) The Empty tomb -
a. No going to wrong tomb -
b. No swoon theory -
c. No stolen body -
d. No hallucination -
2) Witnesses - “I have seen the Lord” (John 20:18).
B. The Resurrection of Jesus Fulfills OT Prophecies and Types.
1) Aaron’s rod that budded
2) Jonah in the belly of the great fish
3) 2 Sam. 7:12-13
4) Psa. 16:10
5) Isa. 53:10
C. Results of the resurrection
1) Everything Jesus said would happen, did happen, it was true.
2) Everything He claimed about Himself was true.
a. Son of Man; Son of God
b. Able to forgive sins
c. Only way to the Father; John 14:6.
d. Exalted to Father’s right hand.
3) Source of all of our blessings.
4) He is coming to judge the living and the dead. Acts 17:31; 10:42;
Lila Ahmed, Grace Palmer