Northwest Bible Church - Dec. 16, 2018 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
Philip and the Holy Spirit
A. THE MINISTRY OF PHILIP (Acts 8:4-8).
1. Who is Philip (Acts 8:4-5)?
2. Who are the Samaritans?
3. Philip preached Christ with miraculous signs (Acts 8:5-7).
4. Attentive audience resulting in much rejoicing (Acts 8:6, 8).
5. Phase two of the Great Commission (Acts 1:8).
B. THE DELAYED GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (Acts 8:14-17).
1. Does this support the charismatic view of a two-stage Christian life?
2. Evidence for this being the exception, not the rule.
a) Apostolic teaching:
b. Apostolic practice:
3. The gift of the Holy Spirit in the new covenant.
4. The gift of the Holy Spirit to non-Jews.
5. The role of Peter and John (Acts 8:14-17).
a. John the fireman.
b. Peter the key-keeper.