Northwest Bible Church - June 23, 2019 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
The Activation of Paul
A. THE SHIFT FROM PETER TO PAUL.
1. Luke is a Gentile and Paul is the “apostle to the Gentiles” (Rom. 11:13; Acts 9:15).
2. Luke has a special interest in God’s grace to Gentiles.
3. Luke’s focus on Paul may be due to his conversion through Paul. Acts 16:10-11.
B. THE SHIFT FROM JERUSALEM TO ANTIOCH (Acts 13:1).
1. The establishment of the church at Antioch - Acts 11:19-26.
2. The leaders of the church at Antioch (Acts 13:1).
a. Prophets and teachers -
b. Individual leaders named.
Simeon, called Niger -
Lucius of Cyrene -
Manaen, brought up with Herod the tetrarch -
C. THE MINISTRY OF MISSIONS (Acts 13:2-3).
1. The church in worship (Acts 13:2).
a. Ministering/Serving/worshipping -
b. Fasting - (Twice - Acts 13:2-3).
a. By the HS - The Sovereign Spirit directs the ministry.
b. By the church - Fasting, prayer, laying on of hands, sending away.