Northwest Bible Church - March 18, 2018 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
The Ascension of Christ
A. THE ASCENSION OF JESUS CHRIST (Acts 1:9-11).
1. Jesus was lifted up (Acts 1:9).
2. Received by a cloud (Acts 1:9).
3. Angels on the scene (Acts 1:10-11).
B. THE THEOLOGY OF THE ASCENSION
1. A powerful emphasis to Jesus’ last words.
2. A visual demonstration of Jesus permanent return to heaven.
3. There is a God-Man now enthroned in heaven.
4. A visual demonstration of His future return from heaven.
C. THE JOY OF THE DISCIPLES (Lk. 24:52).
1. Jesus entrance into heaven with a glorified body.
2. Jesus, at the Father’s right hand indicates that He is now Lord over all.
3. Jesus at the Father’s right hand is our advocate to plead our cause (1 Jn. 2:1).
4. He is with us in the interim.
5. His benediction is eternal (Lk. 24:50-51).