Northwest Bible Church - May 20, 2018 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
Acts 1:5; 2:4
The Baptism and Filling of the Holy Spirit
A. VIEWS OF THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
1. The view of Assemblies of God and Charismatics.
2. Problems with this view:
B. THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
2. “Baptism” means immersion. and symbolically to be identified and united with something.
3. Baptism with the Holy Spirit gives us our POSITION in Christ.
a. The HS unites us with physical body of Christ.
b. The HS unites us with the spiritual body of Christ. 1 Cor. 12:13.
C. THE FILLING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
1. Source of our POWER for the Christian life.
2. Our duty is to be filled with the Holy Spirit, Eph. 5:18.
3. How are we filled with the Holy Spirit?
a. Ask for it. Lk. 11:9-13.
b. Be filled with the Word. Compare Eph. 5:18-21 and Col. 3:15-17.