Northwest Bible Church - Aug. 30, 2020 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
The Blessing of Citizenship
A. PAUL’S EXAMINATION BY SCOURGING (Acts 22:24).
1. Roman scourging.
2. The purpose for it here.
B. PAUL’S APPEAL TO HIS CITIZENSHIP (Acts 22:25-29).
1. Acts records THREE times where Paul uses his citizenship for protection.
2. Paul confronts their illegal actions due to his citizenship (Acts 22:25-27).
3. The origin of Paul’s citizenship (Acts 22:28).
4. The effect of knowing Paul’s citizenship (Acts 22:29).
C. THE ROLE OF GOVERNMENT
1. To establish and maintain justice, and restrain evil.
2. To protect its citizens’ life and property.
D. APPLICATION FOR TODAY
1. There is much injustice today.
2. It is appropriate for Christians to know their citizenship rights, to understand the threats against it, and use our citizenship rights for protection.
3. Enemies of religious liberty today.
a. COVID-19. The government response to it.
b. BLM -
c. Social justice
4. Our response. 1 Tim. 2:1-2