Northwest Bible Church – Feb. 7, 2016 – Worship Service – Alan Conner
The Burial of Jesus
A. THE CONTRIBUTION OF NICODEMUS.
1. Nicodemus the man.
2. The transformation of Nicodemus.
3. 100 pounds of myrrh and aloes.
B. THE PREPARATION OF THE BODY.
1) Jewish burial customs.
2) A hands on burial.
C. THE GARDEN TOMB (John 19:41-42).
1) The tomb was near the place of the cross (v. 41).
2) It was a new tomb in which no one had yet been laid (v. 41).
3) The tomb was in a garden (v. 41).
D. WHY IS THE BURIAL SO IMPORTANT?