Northwest Bible Church - Nov. 3, 2019 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
The Conversion of Lydia
A. THE CITY OF PHILIPPI (Acts 16:11-13).
1) Name (Acts 16:12).
2) Status (Acts 16:12).
3) no synagogue (Acts 16:13).
B. THE CONVERSION OF LYDIA (Acts 16:13-14).
1. The riverside prayer meeting of women (Acts 16:13).
2. Who was Lydia (Acts 16:14)?
a. woman from Thyatira.
b. business woman, seller of purple fabrics.
c. a worshiper of God.
3. God opened her heart to respond to the gospel (Acts 16:14).
a. The use of “open” in Scripture for express God’s miraculous power.
b. To “open the heart” speaks of God’s inside work.
c. Thus, FAITH IS A GIFT FROM GOD.
4. When did the opening of Lydia’s heart occur?
C. THE CHANGED LIFE OF LYDIA (Acts 16:15).