Northwest Bible Church - Dec. 23, 2018 - Christmas 2018 - Alan Conner
The Incarnation of Immanuel
A. THE PERSON OF IMMANUEL (Mt. 1:23).
1. The names Jesus and Immanuel.
2. The marvel of Immanuel.
B. THE PLAN OF IMMANUEL (Mt. 1:23).
1. God With Us in the garden of Eden. -
2. God NOT With Us -
3. God With Us but temporarily and distant -
4. God With Us in human flesh - INCARNATION
C. THE PARADISE OF IMMANUEL (Rev. 21:3; 22:4).
D. WHY THE INCARNATION OF IMMANUEL?
1. It was man that sinned.
2. It is man that must suffer for sin.
3. But man cannot redeem his soul from his sin, only God can.
4. Thus, the only one who can save sinful men is a sinless GOD-MAN.
1. Immanuel is with us now.
2. Immanuel is with us forever.