Northwest Bible Church, Nov. 12, 2017, Christ in the OT series, Alan Conner
The Messianic Shepherd
A. THE SIN OF THE SHEPHERDS (Ezekiel 34:1-6).
1. They fed themselves and not the sheep (Ezekiel 34:2).
2. They sacrificed the sheep (Ezekiel 34:3).
3. They neglected the sick and weak (Ezekiel 34:4).
4. The result of their neglect and abuse (Ezekiel 34:5-6).
B. GOD’S JUDGMENT ON THE SHEPHERDS (Ezekiel 34:7-10).
C. GOD WILL BE THE SHEPHERD OF HIS SHEEP (Ezekiel 34:11-31).
1. God’s loving care for His sheep (Ezekiel 34:11-22).
a. God will search for His sheep and find them (Ezekiel 34:11).
b. God will care for His sheep and deliver them (Ezekiel 34:12).
c. God will bring them into their own land and will feed them and lead them to rest (Ezekiel 34: 13-15).
d. God will seek, return, bind up and strengthen His sheep (Ezekiel 34:16).
e. God will judge between His sheep (Ezekiel 34:16c-22).
3. God establishes the covenant of peace (Ezekiel 34:25-31).
4. The responsibility of the sheep.
For discussion - What are the practical blessings of having Christ as our Shepherd? How does Christ feed us, lead us, protect us, care for us? How can we be good sheep in following the Good Shepherd?