Northwest Bible Church - November 5, 2017 - Christ in the OT - Alan Conner
Christ the Tender Twig
A. THE PARABLE OF TWO EAGLES (17:1-21).
1. The parable stated (Ezekiel 17:1-10).
2. The parable explained (Ezekiel 17:11-21).
B. HAS GOD’S PROMISE FAILED?
The captives in Babylon were tempted to despair over the doom on their homeland and the apparent extermination of the Davidic kingly line.
C. GOD RENEWS HIS COVENANT PROMISE (17:22-24).
1. The planting of the Sprig (Ezekiel 17:22-23a)).
2. The growth of the Sprig (Ezekiel 17:23).
3. The glory of the Sprig (Ezekiel 17:24).