Northwest Bible Church – Dec. 24, 2017 – Christmas in the OT – Alan Conner
The Ruler from Bethlehem
Mt. 2:1-6 - The magi come to Bethlehem.
A. INTRODUCTION TO MICAH.
1. One of the twelve Minor Prophets.
2. Micah was a contemporary of Isaiah.
B. THE GLORY OF THE RULER.
1. The glory of His person (Micah 5:2).
2. The glory of His calling (Micah 5:2).
3. The glory of His ministry (Micah 5:2-5).
a. He will be a Ruler (Micah 5:2).
b. He will be a Shepherd (Micah 5:4).
c. He will be our peace (Micah 5:5a).
4. The glory of His salvation (Micah 5:4).
C. THE GLORY OF HIS BIRTH-PLACE (Micah 5:2).
1. Historical significance.
2. Humble settlement.
3. Honorary symbol.