Northwest Bible Church - Jan. 20, 2019 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
The Saving of Saul of Tarsus
A. SAUL’S PRE-CONVERSION HOSTILITY (Acts 9:1-2).
1. The depth of Saul’s hatred of the church (Acts 9:1).
3. The object of Saul’s hatred: “The Way” (Acts 9:2).
B. SAUL’S CONVERSION EXPERIENCE (Acts 9:3-9).
1. Light from heaven (Acts 9:3).
2. The conversation of Saul’s conversion (Acts 9:4-6).
a. The Indictment (Acts 9:4-5).
b. The Instruction (Acts 9:6).
3. The response of the men (Acts 9:7-9).
a. The men saw the light, heard the voice but did not see any one (Acts 9:7).
b. They stood speechless and Saul stood sightless (Acts 9:7-8).
c. They led Saul by the hand into Damascus (Acts 9:8). Personal crisis.
C. BEAUTY OUT OF ASHES.
1. “Why are you persecuting Me?” Our unity in Christ.
2. The key to our assurance.