Northwest Bible Church - Dec. 2, 2018 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
The Stoning of Stephen
A. THE RESPONSE OF THE SANHEDRIN (Acts 7:54).
1. Cut to the quick.
2. Gnashing their teeth.
3. Their proud heart.
B. THE VISION OF STEPHEN (Acts 7:55-56).
1. Filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 7:55).
2. The heavens opened (Acts 7:55).
3. The “Son of Man standing at the right hand of God” (Acts 7:56).
C. THE DEATH OF STEPHEN (Acts 7:57-8:1).
1. Their rage (Acts 7:57).
2. The stoning (Acts 7:58-59).
3. The last words of Stephen (Acts 7:59-60).
a. “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit”.
b. “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.”
4. Stephen’s sleep.
D. WHY DID STEPHEN HAVE TO DIE?
1. Our days are numbered by God.
2. In death we are conformed to His death.
3. When unbelievers kill Christians, the unbeliever does not win.
4. Psa. 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His godly ones.
5. Good out of evil.