Northwest Bible Church – June 12, 2016 – Worship Service – Alan Conner
The Theology of John
Concluding Study – part 1
A. The seven “I am” statements –
- I am the bread of life, John 6:35, 48.
- I am the light of the world, John 8:12.
- I am the door, John 10:7,9.
- I am the good shepherd, John 10:11, 14.
- I am the resurrection and the life, John 11:25.
- I am the way, and the truth, and the life, John 14:6.
- I am the true vine, John 15:1, 5.
B. More OT pictures –
- Jesus as Israel’s new temple. John 2:19-21
- The serpent lifted up in the wilderness. John 3:14-15
- As the Lamb of God. Jn. 1:29
C. The deity of Christ.
- Seven signs:
a- Water to wine, John 2:1-11.
b- Healing of the nobleman’s son, John 4:46-54.
c- Healing of the lame man, John 5:1-18.
d- Feeding the multitude, John 6:1-15.
e- Walking on water, John 6:16-21.
f- Healing the man born blind, John 9:1-42.
g- Raising of Lazarus, John 11:1-57.
- Ten statements:
a- “The Word was God” – Jn. 1:1, 14.
b- The Word is the Creator, Jn. 1:3
c- The only begotten God, Jn. 1:18.
d- God is His Father, Jn. 5:18.
e– Jesus deserves equal honor with the Father, Jn. 5:23.
f- “I AM”, Jn. 8:24, 58.
g-The Father and I are one, Jn. 10:30, 33.
h- The glory of Jesus, Jn. 12:40-41.
i- The Father and the Son share glory, Jn. 17:5.
j-“My Lord and my God”, Jn. 20:28.