Northwest Bible Church - May 19, 2019 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
The World vs the Word
A. THE GROWTH OF THE GOSPEL (Acts 12:24).
1. Perpetual opposition.
2. The growth of the word of the Lord (Acts 12:24).
B. JOHN MARK JOINS THE TEAM (Acts 12:25).
1. Godly mother
2. Barnabas’ cousin (Col. 4:10).
3. Author of Gospel of Mark.
4. Fellow missionary.
1. The church triumphs in the end.
2. Each believer perseveres through suffering.
3. The centrality of Scripture.
The Word of God is totally divine and profitable. 2Tim. 3:16
The Word of God is eternal. 1Pet. 1:24-25
The Word of God is always successful. Luke 16:17; Isa. 55:10-11
The Word of God is powerful and penetrating. Heb. 4:12
The Word of God cannot be shackled by man. 2Tim. 2:9; Matt. 16:18
The Word of God is key to victory over our enemies. Rev. 12:10-11