Northwest Bible Church - April 5, 2020 - Special Message - Alan Conner
Waiting on the Lord
A. THE THREAT.
1. The Assyrian invasion (chs. 1-39).
2. The Babylonian invasion (chs. 40-48).
B. THE HOPE.
1. Isa. 40 is the turning point.
2. The coming of the Deliverer, Jesus Christ.
C. THE RESPONSE (40:27-31).
1. Don’t accuse God of being limited in knowledge or uncaring (Isaiah 40:27).
2. Look to God (Isaiah 40:26, 28-30).
a. You must know God through Jesus Christ.
b. We must dwell on God’s greatness (Isaiah 40:12-26, 28-30).
3. Wait on God.
a. Waiting on the Lord knowing He is in control.
b. Waiting on the Lord for His perfect timing.
c. Waiting on the Lord for His goodness (Isaiah 40:31).