Northwest Bible Church - Sept. 6, 2015 - Worship Service - Alan Conner
Christ before Herod – a case study in Kingdom Victory
A. THE VICTORY OF FAITH IN THE PRESENT KINGDOM.
1) The cross of Christ is not a defeat but a victory.
2) Our victory of faith.
B. CHRIST SENT TO KING HEROD (Lk. 23:1-12).
1) Christ remains silent (Lk. 23:9).
2) Herod and his soldiers treated Jesus with contempt mocking (Lk. 23:11).
3) Herod found no guilt in Jesus (Lk. 23:15).
C. PSALM 2 IN ACTS 4.
1) Psalm 2 is understood to apply to Jesus. Acts 4:25-28
2) The laughter of God.
3) Measure victory today by the perseverance of faith