Northwest Bible Church - July 16, 2017 - Christ in the OT series - Alan Conner
Christ the Cornerstone
A. THE MESSIANIC TEMPLE STONE
1. Is. 28:16
a) This is the 5th section of the book of Isaiah, chs. 28-33, the Book of Woes.
b) God responds by a new work of grace.
c) Description of the stone:
a tested stone -
a costly/precious stone -
a cornerstone -
a stone firmly placed -
2. Is. 8:14
3. Psa. 118:22-23
4. All combined in 1 Pet. 2:6-8.
B. THE NEW COVENANT TEMPLE
1. The temple as the physical body of Christ - Jn. 2:19-21
2. The temple as the spiritual body of Christ. Eph. 2:20-21; 1 Cor. 3:16; 6:19; 1 Pet. 2:4-5.
1. What does it mean to be the temple of the Lord?
2. What is the significance of Christ being the Cornerstone?