Northwest Bible Church - March 4, 2018 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
Christ’s World-Wide Kingdom
A. A BRIEF REVIEW OF THE GOSPEL OF LUKE 1:1-2.
1. It was his “first account” about all that Jesus began to do and teach (Luke 1:1).
2. Christ’s ascension (Luke 1:2).
a. given orders by the Holy Spirit -
b. the “orders” or commands -
c. to chosen apostles -
B. RESURRECTION APPEARANCES OF CHRIST TO THE APOSTLES Acts 1:3-8.
1. 40 days of convincing proofs of His resurrection to the apostles (Acts 1:3).
2. The kingdom of God (Acts 1:3).
3. Wait for the promise (Acts 1:4-5).
4. One burning question (Acts 1:6).
a. Disciples misunderstood the CHARACTER of the kingdom.
b. Disciples misunderstood the CITIZENSHIP of the kingdom.
c. Disciples misunderstood the CHRONOLOGY of the kingdom.
5. Jesus answer (Acts 1:7-8).
a. Not for them to know.
b. You are to be Spirit-filled witnesses to the world (Acts 1:8).