Northwest Bible Church - July 22, 2018 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
Repentance is the Aim
A. God gets all the FAME (Acts 3:12-13).
B. The Jews get all the BLAME (Acts 3:13-15).
C. The cripple is healed by Jesus NAME (Acts 3:16-18).
D. REPENTANCE IS THE AIM (Acts 3:19-26).
A. THE OBEDIENCE OF REPENTANCE (Acts 3:19).
1. Repentance and faith.
2. What does “repent and return” mean?
B. THE OUTCOME OF REPENTANCE (Acts 3:19-21a).
1. Sins wiped away (Acts 3:19).
2. Times of refreshing (Acts 3:19).
3. Universal restoration (Acts 3:20-21a).
C. THE OBJECT OF REPENTANCE (Acts 3:21b-25).
1. Moses (Acts 3:22-23).
2. Samuel and his successors (Acts 3:24).
3. Abraham’s covenant (Acts 3:25).
D. THE ORDER OF REPENTANCE (Acts 3:26).
1. To the Jew first, and then to the Greek (Acts 3:26). Rom. 1:16.