Northwest Bible Church - July 8, 2018 - Book of Acts - Alan Conner
Jumping for Joy
A. THE SETTING OF THE HEALING (Acts 3:1-2).
1. Time: Peter and John were going to the temple at the ninth hour (Acts 3:1).
2. Location: Beautiful Gate (Acts 3:2).
3. Recipient: crippled from birth (Acts 3:2).
B. THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE HEALING (Acts 3:3-8).
1. The beggar looked at the apostles (Acts 3:3).
2. The apostles looked at the beggar (Acts 3:4-6).
3. The lame beggar is healed (Acts 3:6-8).
C. THE RESPONSES TO THE HEALING (Acts 3:8-11).
1. The healed man (Acts 3:8-9, 11).
2. The people (Acts 3:9-11).
D. WHY DID LUKE RECORD THIS MIRACLE?
1. The miracle healing shows the power of Jesus’ name. “
2. The joy of being healed.
3. The healing of the cripple was a sign/ picture.